Saturday 12 September 2009

Two steps forward

I swapped the floppy disk IR filter for a proper bandpass filter from peau productions and changed the lens for a wider angle lens. This means that the camera now points directly up at the LCD and isn't bounced off the mirror. A new lens mount meant improved focusing. I removed the fresnel from the LCD diffuser and that sorted out the ghosting. Lastly, even though is says it requires Leopard, the new version of CCV works fine on OSX Tiger and is a big improvement over the tbeta version I was using. I now think that I can get away without a compliant surface which would be excellent.

I've been thinking about how to get the whole unit to standby and start up quickly and simply as this will be important to usability. I think I've found just the thing, a one click intelliplug.

No comments:

Post a Comment